Alerts List Server
The Foundation maintains an Alerts List Server that sends out automated alerts messages with important information concerning activities taking place at the Foundation.
Here are some features of our Mailman© List Server:
- Many of the list features can be accessed via the web. Click on this link to view the General Information web page for our Alerts List, which will appear in a new window (close this new window to return to this page). You can use this form to send a request to be added to our Alerts List. This is a moderated list, so your request must be approved first before it will be added.
- This is an Alerts List. As such, subscribers will not be able to post messages directly to the list. If you have a news item that you would like us to consider posting to the Alerts List, use the Contact Us button above. Note: the General Information web page has a link that says you can send messages to the list, but these messages will be discarded.
- List members will be able to view the subscription list. List members will receive a password as a part of the subscription process (and monthly password reminders). List members will have to use their password in order to gain access to the subscription list.
- Mailman© has a number of sophisticated bounce detectors. Bounce detection means that if your email server is a bit “quirky” (e.g., is prone to down time) then your Alerts Message will still get through. Bounce detection also means that an email address that is no longer working will be automatically removed from the list.
- Mailman© has an archive feature. Current list subscribers will be able to access the list archives using their password. You can gain access to the list archive for our Alerts List via the General Information web page, which will appear in a new window (close this new window to return to this page)